Lowrie & Andrew Attorneys at Law
Practice Areas Overview
New Bedford, Massachusetts Employment Law Attorneys
The attorneys at Lowrie & Andrew Attorneys at Law have over 30 years of experience protecting the rights of workers and other individuals throughout Southeastern Massachusetts. If you have been treated unjustly because of your race, color, national origin, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, age, or religion, contact us. We want you to know your rights and we can help you fight back.
- Employment Law: Our firm handles various employment matters arising from wrongful termination, harassment, unpaid wages, unemployment benefits denial, unemployment appeals, and employment contracts. Our experience in employment law is put to work on your behalf.
- Discrimination Law: Discrimination law involves wrongful termination, demotion, retaliation and other adverse actions suffered by employees in the workplace. Our lawyers represent victims of all types of discrimination including age, handicap, disability, gender, sex, sexual harassment, sexual orientation, race, color, national origin, pregnancy and religion.
- Labor Law: We provide representation to labor unions, labor representatives and employees in various matters including grievances, arbitrations, negotiation, collective bargaining agreements, unpaid overtime and wage and hour claims.
- Civil Rights Law: The Civil Rights Act of 1964 and other laws, including the Fair Housing Act, make it illegal for employers, housing agencies and public places to discriminate. If you believe you have been discriminated against at work, while looking for a home or seeking access to a public place, Lowrie & Andrew Attorneys at Law can help.
- Sexual Harassment: Sexual harassment can include unwanted advances, touching or jokes. Women and men alike can be victims.
- Disability and Handicap Discrimination. Our attorneys handle claims arising from an employer's failure to accommodate or discrimination based upon an employee's handicap or disability.
- Race, Color and National Origin: Discrimination based upon race, color or national origin can occur in many types of adverse actions. Whether you have been fired from a job, demoted, passed up for a promotion or have suffered harassment, we can help.
- Age Discrimination: People 40 years of age or older are protected from age discrimination. If you believe you have been discriminated against because of your age, Lowrie & Andrew Attorneys at Law can inform you of your rights and options.
- Wrongful Termination & Workplace Harassment: We handle wrongful termination and workplace harassment and hostile work environment claims that arise through discriminatory actions.
Our firm is dedicated to protecting the rights of Massachusetts workers and giving them a fighting chance against the unfair actions of their employers. Contact us today to schedule your free initial consultation.
Lowrie & Andrew Attorneys at Law is located in the quaint historic district of New Bedford, Massachusetts. Our firm provides employment law representation to clients throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and the South Coast including those from New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton, Cape Cod, Fairhaven, Acushnet, Dartmouth, Westport, Mattapoisett, Marion, Rochester, Lakeville, Freetown, Wareham, Rehoboth, Raynham, Somerset, Swansea, Seekonk, Norton, Dighton, Mansfield, Attleboro, North Attleboro, Assonet, Bridgewater, Easton, Middleboro, Middleborough, Plymouth, Brockton and throughout Norfolk County, Bristol County and Plymouth County.
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.
This website may be considered "advertising" under Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Rule 3:07. The contents of this webpage are for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This web page does not establish an attorney client relationship.
Copyright © 2009
by Lowrie & Andrew Attorneys at Law. All rights reserved. You may reproduce materials available at this site for your own personal use and for non-commercial distribution. All copies must include this copyright statement.